from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Baldwin Locomotive Works (1920)
50-ton Steeple cab locomotive
|Retired from Service|
|Acquired by the Museum|
No. 300 is a 50 ton all steel steeple cab locomotive, built in Philadelphia by Baldwin-Westinghouse in 1920. The company which ordered the locomotive defaulted on the purchase and the engine was sold in 1923 to the Oshawa Railway Company in Ontario, a Canadian National subsidiary. It is typical of many Baldwin-Westinghouse locomotives used on electric railways from Maine (the Portland-Lewiston and the Aroostook Valley) to California (the Pacific Electric and the Sacramento Northern).
No. 300 was donated to the Museum in 1964.
Historic Cars: The National Collection at the Seashore Trolley Museum by Ben Minnich
Manufacturer: Baldwin Locomotive Works
Item Type: Locomotives, RPOs, Baggage and Express
Description: 50-ton Steeple cab locomotive
Control: Westinghouse HLF-337D2
|Trucks: 2 Baldwin MCB
||Motors: 4 Westinghouse 552FA17
|Length: 36' 0"
||Width: 10' 0"
||Height: 12' 7"
||Weight: 100000 lbs.