No. 300 is a 50 ton all steel steeple cab locomotive, built in Philadelphia by Baldwin-Westinghouse in 1920. The company which ordered the locomotive defaulted on the purchase and the engine was sold in 1923 to the Oshawa Railway Company in Ontario, a Canadian National subsidiary. It is typical of many Baldwin-Westinghouse locomotives used on electric railways from Maine (the Portland-Lewiston and the Aroostook Valley) to California (the Pacific Electric and the Sacramento Northern).
No. 300 was donated to the Museum in 1964.
Historic Cars: The National Collection at the Seashore Trolley Museum by Ben Minnich